CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, June 25, 2011

School and Job Questions/Worries

If any of you are like me, you have occasional bouts of worry - worry about school, work, future, etc. I've been going through one of those recently - I still don't know exactly what God wants me to do after I complete my degree, and I'm having a hard time focusing on school (which is going very slowly right now because I'm in a sort of gap between tests and final classes). Needless to say, these items have figured prominently in my prayer life over the past few weeks! Funny how much more you seem to pray when life isn't going according to your plan (or if you have no plan) :-P

I really wasn't discerning any obvious answers. Until the last few days.

I got an email with answers (or at least next steps) to several of my education questions. I researched jobs and found some that are promising opportunities when I'm finished with my degree. But even more than that, I received a bit of the peace that passes understanding. It was like God was telling me, "I have a plan for you - just because you can't see it right now doesn't mean that it isn't there." It's a wonderful thing to be free of fear and worry, knowing that God is in control! And when He answers some of your questions - well, that's icing on the cake :-)

~Mac

1 comment:

  1. Jeremiah 29:11
    For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." <- one my favorite verses.

    You were better than I was. I didn't just have *occasional* bouts of worry :-P . So glad you're getting hints from God as to what to do next! Keep praying and keep us updated :-) .

    ReplyDelete