CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, June 20, 2011

Sunday Morning...

A lot of you know that I usually play the organ for church. Well, this Sunday, my brother who usually plays the piano wasn't going to be able to attend the morning service due to work... So the pastor's wife began to practice with me, but was/is not feeling well at all and couldn't make it through the first song. Her son took her home. That left me to play the piano. O___O Now I've played the piano for around 9 more years than the organ... But I find it much more difficult to play for church services.

So the pastor and I started practicing the songs. We both messed up here and there. He asked me if I was okay, and I replied I was - just really tired. The feeling was mutual. My cup of coffee-mixed-with-an-entire-packet-of-hot-chocolate-mix didn't seem to be extremely helpful.

Finally, as we stumbled to the end of a song, he set down his hymnbook and said, "We haven't prayed yet, let's go do that now." Whoever happens to be at the church early enough usually meets in the pastor's office and prays sometime before the service. My brother was there as he didn't have to leave till after Sunday School, so the three of us went in and gave it all to the Lord.


The rest of the practice went comparatively well.

And the service was noticeably better than practice had been. :)

It is my prayer that my actions, such as playing instruments for church, will bring glory to God and not myself. The answers to those prayers are seldom visible - But I know that God has everything orchestrated perfectly, and He can and does use everything for His glory. So I can know for certain that my prayers are being answered!

God Bless,
Essie

1 comment:

  1. Hallelujah! Keep posting, Es - I really enjoy seeing God work in your music ministry :) .
    ~CJ

    ReplyDelete