CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, July 23, 2011

Fridays.

Every Friday, and often Thursday night as well, both my parents and my only older sibling are gone. This leaves me "in charge" of my grandma who has Alzheimer's, and my three younger siblings. I have sort of come to dread this day as it can be rather stressful and hectic.
I told this to Miss CJ, who greatly encouraged me and offered to pray for me.

Guess what..? This Friday has been the best yet! It's my little brother's birthday, so I made a cake for the party tomorrow. And by God's grace and through Him alone, I didn't get frustrated with my grandma at all. :) Which... if you've ever helped someone with Alzheimer's... it takes a ton of patience. ;)
On top of that, my little siblings had bunches of fun watching a military exercise that had helicopters flying very low right over our house, and dropping men who parachuted into the lake across the street. This went on for several hours, with two copters containing 6 parachuters each coming and dropping about every ten minutes. So that added a special fun twist to the day which kept my siblings occupied and happy... when they weren't decorating the house with paper snowflakes and snowmen cut out from Christmas wrapping paper. :D (I'll let you guess whose idea that was)

Anyways, I am ever so thankful to God for answering my prayers and giving me a happy day. ;)

3 comments:

  1. That's great to hear! I was thinking of you and praying for you as well :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, thanks so much, WC! :) God bless ya :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't emailed you about this for a while, but it's great to know your Friday went so well for you... and it's awesome how our God adds the best "special" treats to our happy days. :)
    I'm still praying for you, sis!

    ReplyDelete