CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Guidance for the Future

I know I already posted a bit about this, but something else happened yesterday that was so neat I want to post on this topic again! I have been praying about the future and that God would show me what I should do for my career and for my ministry. I have talents in music and audio recording and production that I know God has given me to use. I was just having trouble figuring out exactly how I would get into such a competitive industry, and how I would attract clients. I didn't have a sense of whether He wants me to use them as a ministry, as a part-time job, or as a full-time job.

This is where the answered prayer comes in. :-)

A few months ago I scored a movie for some friends of ours and they were very impressed with it. They've been talking about me and my work to a lot of people :blush: and they heard about a couple who work for a ministry that uses media to reach people in other countries and in the US with the Gospel. They invited me to a presentation that these people were doing. As they presented their ministry and the work they were doing, I got very excited - I could see the vision and also how my God-given skills could be used to minister to others! I talked with the husband, who is an executive producer, and he mentioned several jobs in the ministry that match my abilities (and my Life Purpose Statement! :-) ). He also said that they offer internships, and gave me the info that I need to follow up. I'm going to keep praying about it, but God is definitely showing me that He has a purpose for my talents and that He has a plan to use them for His glory and work! Very encouraging and exciting :-)

~Mac

1 comment:

  1. SWEEEET!!!! That is so awesome and neat how God's showing you. Definitely keep us updated! Praying for you...

    ReplyDelete